ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yet another question for genesis, and anyone else that knows too

Posted by musicdude 

Yet another question for genesis, and anyone else that knows too
April 28, 2004 07:48AM
I want to start looking into getting some real recording equipment type stuff. The problem is i have no idea about anything whatsoever. I'm looking for something decent but not too expensive. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
Re: Yet another question for genesis, and anyone else that knows too
April 28, 2004 08:25AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 28, 2004 09:23AM
I don't really have anything at all so what exactly do i need? I have an amp but that's about it.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 28, 2004 10:02AM
April 29, 2004 01:24AM
Instead of Cool Edit Pro, use Adobe Audition- it's just the latest version of CEP with a name change. I find once you get to know it, it's the easiest and most functional recording program.

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html.

IM me if you want it.

-Brian
April 29, 2004 01:44AM
April 29, 2004 03:49AM
im recordin on a mac and am an (extreme) novice, but i have taken an unorthodox approach to recordin (at least its unorthodox if the above is the orthodox method) i have my guitar plugged into my amp and my mic plugged into the 'aux in' on my guitar amp, i have then used the 'line out' on my amp and plugged it into the microphone socket of my computer (apple imac g3). im recordin usin some free stuff i found on the web and while the quality aint great it serves the purpose. all in all im gettin a very much garage rock feelin to my songs!! the best way to describe the quality is if you think about a bootleg, a good quality (soundboard) bootleg its kinda like that.

anywho i dunno if that'll help in any way.

does anyone know what the effect "normalisation" does??
April 29, 2004 04:24AM
I would go for the Boss BR-8. It is very easy to
use and you can buy it on e-bay for about $300.
It records onto zip discs, but you when you are
ready for the mixdown, you can send the signal
to your computer, create a wav. file and then
burn a CD.
April 29, 2004 09:24AM
I don't really know much, so are there any advantages to computer vs a multi track thingy like that br-8 or vice versa?

April 29, 2004 09:50AM
April 29, 2004 10:02AM
Would that boss br-8 that person recommended be good, that was an 8 track i think? The money isn't a horrible problem for me. I'm not really much of a computer program type person so i'm think the track thingy might be my way to go.

Post Edited (04-29-04 19:03)

April 29, 2004 10:21AM
April 29, 2004 10:22AM
Would that boss br-8 be any good?

April 29, 2004 10:28AM
Tea
April 29, 2004 03:53PM
Genesis is just too frikkin popular here.... smiling smiley

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π