ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Yet another question for genesis, and anyone else that knows too
April 28, 2004 07:48AM
I want to start looking into getting some real recording equipment type stuff. The problem is i have no idea about anything whatsoever. I'm looking for something decent but not too expensive. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
Re: Yet another question for genesis, and anyone else that knows too
April 28, 2004 08:25AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
April 28, 2004 09:23AM
I don't really have anything at all so what exactly do i need? I have an amp but that's about it.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
April 28, 2004 10:02AM
April 29, 2004 01:24AM
Instead of Cool Edit Pro, use Adobe Audition- it's just the latest version of CEP with a name change. I find once you get to know it, it's the easiest and most functional recording program.

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html.

IM me if you want it.

-Brian
April 29, 2004 01:44AM
April 29, 2004 03:49AM
im recordin on a mac and am an (extreme) novice, but i have taken an unorthodox approach to recordin (at least its unorthodox if the above is the orthodox method) i have my guitar plugged into my amp and my mic plugged into the 'aux in' on my guitar amp, i have then used the 'line out' on my amp and plugged it into the microphone socket of my computer (apple imac g3). im recordin usin some free stuff i found on the web and while the quality aint great it serves the purpose. all in all im gettin a very much garage rock feelin to my songs!! the best way to describe the quality is if you think about a bootleg, a good quality (soundboard) bootleg its kinda like that.

anywho i dunno if that'll help in any way.

does anyone know what the effect "normalisation" does??
April 29, 2004 04:24AM
I would go for the Boss BR-8. It is very easy to
use and you can buy it on e-bay for about $300.
It records onto zip discs, but you when you are
ready for the mixdown, you can send the signal
to your computer, create a wav. file and then
burn a CD.
April 29, 2004 09:24AM
I don't really know much, so are there any advantages to computer vs a multi track thingy like that br-8 or vice versa?

April 29, 2004 09:50AM
April 29, 2004 10:02AM
Would that boss br-8 that person recommended be good, that was an 8 track i think? The money isn't a horrible problem for me. I'm not really much of a computer program type person so i'm think the track thingy might be my way to go.

Post Edited (04-29-04 19:03)

April 29, 2004 10:21AM
April 29, 2004 10:22AM
Would that boss br-8 be any good?

April 29, 2004 10:28AM
Tea
April 29, 2004 03:53PM
Genesis is just too frikkin popular here.... smiling smiley

------------
http://www.mr-tea.com/ND
With a sad face the heart grows wiser...
("Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart." - Ecc. 7:3)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π