ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OT: Im aggravated

Posted by Bones45 

OT: Im aggravated
May 13, 2004 08:38AM
Im sick as a dog--- some sort of flu or something---and I've been watching TV till my eyeballs hurt out of sheer boredom......

The American who got decaptitated---Ive heard the story a million times.

Lets get this straight.

This guy---a civilian----was VOLUNTARILY in Iraq. You know why he was in Iraq? To drum up business (AKA--MAKE MONEY) for his own telecommunications company. He supposedly was warned by the American govt to leave, and was offered a flight out about a month before he was abducted.... He essentially said...

"Nah--- I want to stay in a war zone to try and make money"

You know what? Thats what happens. You hang out in a warzone you could die.

The dad is blaming the Bush administration...

You know what Dad?

BLAME YOUR SON

(Sorry if this is ultra harsh, but Im sick....and everyone can get my wrath if Im sick)

Re: OT: Im aggravated
May 13, 2004 08:49AM
harsh yet logical.
and of course its sad too. war is a sad thing

Alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked
May 13, 2004 09:25AM
ugh, we shouldn't even be there (my opinion from the beggining). The polls show that something like over 50% of Americans polled think we are doing, quite frankly, a shitty job in Iraq (was reading the Tribune this morning, front page article). *sigh* w/e man....I just hope we don't gotta put up with 4 more years of this.

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
May 13, 2004 10:05AM
i blame the son AND the bush administration.

and youre aggravated cuz you miss me, not cuz of a flu.

...which by the way, i think i have too sad smiley
May 13, 2004 10:11AM
Or, you know what you could do? And this really is crazy thinking on my part, but maybe it's somewhat logical...

You blame the gentlemen who captured him, made him get on his knees before a camera for his family, and then slowly decapitated him with a knife.

Should he have been there? No. Should be be there? Questionable. Did Bush hand him over? No. Did those men do the killing of an innocent man?

Yes.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
May 13, 2004 10:41AM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
May 13, 2004 10:56AM
When I see a video of a U.S. soldier tying down an Iraqi civilian and cutting their head off with a knife, I'll say that you have to take it if you dish it.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 13, 2004 11:49AM
May 13, 2004 01:32PM
Do it to a fucking soldier, not some guy who's just looking for work, for Christ's sake.

There's a fundamental problem. One side isn't going out of its way to kill civilians, and the other is making a point of it.

Unless, of course, there's no difference. Which is what these animals seem to think. But they're doing God's work, so it's quite alright.

Remember. God is Good!

-Mike

Post Edited (05-13-04 22:35)

weallgotwoodandnails
May 13, 2004 10:38PM
May 14, 2004 04:01AM
Of course such a thing was going to happen. Would there be a hullaballoo if it were done to a soldier? Yes. People have this crazy inclination to be upset when things happen to those who are on their side. Civilians are killed by Americans, but America isn't flying planes over the country and looking for schools to take out. The guy they beheaded did nothing to them. A soldier would be far more understanable than a guy who's just looking for work, seeing as it's the soldier who's responsible for what's done to other soldiers.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 14, 2004 09:08AM
NO SANE PERSON GOES
"YOU KNOW WHAT? THERE'S A WAR IN IRAQ.
INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYDAY.
...NOW IS PROBABLY A GOOD TIME TO START LOOKING FOR JOB OPPORTUNITIES OVER THERE."

mike.. come on...
May 14, 2004 01:14PM
So because his logic was faulty we need to cut off his head?

Come on, now.

Still doesn't make it acceptable.

Should he have been there? Of course not. And there was certainly that risk involved. But you don't run around cutting off civilian people's heads. This isn't medieval times (though the mentality is still there).

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 14, 2004 03:39PM
I found this in Matt Good's BLOG. I think it's interesting.

Inconsistencies in Utter Villainy
Merle and I were talking this evening about the footage of Nick Berg?s beheading. At the time I wasn?t sure what it was but there are a few things about the video that seem strange.

The first is the fact that the time jumps all over the place. After Berg is heard screaming, which doesn?t match up with the video, the time skips to 13 minutes.

The second is that there is very little blood. Being that there is a major artery being severed, I would think that there would be more blood on those holding Berg down, the floor, the orange jump suit, and Berg?s lower face. (When I was younger I saw a person's throat slashed with a snow ski. Though they did not die, the amount of blood the wound produced was extreme).

If Berg were already dead, say for hours or a day, prior to the decapitation portion of the video, his blood would have begun to congeal, resulting in less blood exiting the body. (Prothrombin activator converts prothrombin into thrombin and thrombin converts fibrinogen into fibrin threads, enmeshing plasma, blood cells, and platelets).

That?s not to say that there is some conspiracy. Just that the footage could have been doctored by those who shot it or, for that matter, shot in stages and then cut together afterwards.

No matter what the case may be, the fact remains that it was utterly inhuman.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 14, 2004 09:52PM
May 15, 2004 01:51AM
I didn't realise that the video had actually been broadcast. Frankly, I don't know how anybody could stomach watching a man being slaughtered like a pig. The description itself makes my stomach turn.

They could at least have had the mercy to shoot him in the head and then decapitate him. Those people are just sick beyond comprehension.

May 15, 2004 11:00AM
Sick beyond comprehension, yes, but it seems the video may have been doctored. He may have been dead ahead of time. Although there may have been a tourniquette used. Here in the U.S. it was only broadcast up to a certain point, no decapitation.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 15, 2004 11:33AM
May 15, 2004 11:48AM
ya, here in the US it was only cast up to the point of decapitation. An ironic point is that a few months ago i was talking with someone about how disgusting reality TV is and how they do it just for ratings and money, and he said, "I think the only thing they could do to possibly be worse would be to broadcast live tourture and executions. The sick part is that people will actually watch it" At the time i just sort of agreed with him thinking that peope would have better sense than to watch such garbage, but now i think he's right.......scary how society is these days, really, it scares me.

Rock on...
Kevin

May 15, 2004 12:56PM
Personally it just sickens me sometimes.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
May 15, 2004 01:35PM
Well in all fairness, society has always been like that. Public executions were THE social event many moons ago. And let us not forget Roman gladiators.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
May 15, 2004 02:14PM
true that, and the French Revolution.

Rock on...
Kevin

May 15, 2004 08:15PM
It's true. According to CNN.com, the Malaysian website that originally hosted the video was shut down.

Not because of the sickening content.

Because there was too much traffic.

May 16, 2004 07:21AM
*sigh*

Rock on...
Kevin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π