ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ot: Jazz

Posted by cone 

ot: Jazz
August 06, 2004 02:27AM
hey i know there are some country fans here (i think brian is one) but are there also some jazz fans? after hearing Jamie Cullum's song All At Sea (which almost made me cry!!) im kinda into it, i bought his cd today and its brilliant. i was wondering if some ppl here could recommend me some (jazz) artists.. and if there are more jamie cullum fans on here! grinning smiley

August 06, 2004 02:33AM
jamie is more i guess pop than jazz

he is what record companies would market to the main streem people as jazz but really is just a watered down pop version of jazz

jazz is awesome......its all about the instruments...........

I wonder what its like to be remembered- John Hampson
Re: ot: Jazz
August 06, 2004 02:41AM

CD 101.9

and thats all I need.
August 06, 2004 03:11AM
I love jazz, don't really listen to it much though. Much more fun to play it.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 06, 2004 04:20AM
mmm scott, that truely is my most favoritest station ever

*~katie~*
August 06, 2004 06:57AM
starrlight, with his looks yeah he is a popstar but the cd's just real jazz... at least thats what i think. give it a listen!

August 06, 2004 01:57PM
John Pizzarelli and Arturo Sandaval are two of my favorite modern day jazz artists. Pizzarelli is the son of Bucky Pizzarelli who played with some of the alltime greats back in the day, and some of his best songs are "They Can't Take That Away From Me" and "Avalon". Arturo Sandaval I would reccomend "Sandunga" and "Funky Cha-Cha."
August 06, 2004 06:50PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
August 07, 2004 04:07AM
What do you think about Arturo Sandaval? I've heard of Montgomery, the other two ring a bell but I'm not sure so I'll look into them.
August 07, 2004 12:12PM
go for the oldies!! (20's-50's)
i love benny goodman, and pete fountain. but then again, im a clarinet player.

Alysha

the shortest six miles of my life
end faster than i would have liked
August 07, 2004 01:21PM
Clarinet Power! hehehe

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
August 08, 2004 06:59AM
If you like Jamie Cullum, you'll probably like Katie Melua, in the way that neither of then are really jazz. Katie's a lot better than Jamie though, Jamie has a couple of good songs but I can't stand listening to a whole album of him.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
August 08, 2004 07:29AM
thanks sofi i'll check her out. same for the other mentioned artists, thanks guys

August 08, 2004 11:31PM
Message deleted on 2015-09-05 06:30:16 PDT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π