Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I turn 21 in 9 days

Posted by fallenlife2000 

I turn 21 in 9 days
June 13, 2005 10:14AM
yay...
then i wil be able to get into every show...and buy my own liquor...
just so u all know...

*~Bernadette~*
Re: I turn 21 in 9 days
June 13, 2005 02:11PM
party? yes? yes...

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
June 13, 2005 03:00PM
you're so lucky! i still have 28 days.

*~katie~*
June 13, 2005 05:07PM
awesome.. my 21st b-day is on thanksgiving

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Eric
June 13, 2005 05:11PM
ah yes party there will be...and i will be quite toasted, haha, the party isnt until the 24th tho...so psyched..

*~Bernadette~*
June 13, 2005 05:36PM
word.. my b-day is ALSO... on the 24th..... but of November

Eric
June 14, 2005 06:51AM
*Yay* for you!

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
June 14, 2005 07:59AM
Wow, mine's on the 24th too! Of Feb, so I'm already 21. Wow.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies it's compromise that moves us along"
June 14, 2005 08:10AM
I'm 21, and I find that alarming.

June 14, 2005 09:24AM
Why do you find it alarming? Too old?

June 14, 2005 10:56AM
Not at all. I just feel like exactly the same person I was when I was 14 Heather...

For some reason, that doesn't sit right with me.

I don't know altogether why exactly, but I guess it might have something to do with a misplaced nievity that by the age of 21, this somewhat revered of ages socially and culturally, I'd have 'me', and everything in my life, pretty much 'sorted'.

As it happens... not-so-much.

I'm still a little clueless as to why I still continue to breath involuntarily, and what on Earth I'm supposed to be doing with all this 'life' I was handed at birth.

I personally like to think that I have some kind of purpose for existing, and that if I waited around long enough maybe someone or something would give me an 'A to Z' and point me in the right direction.

I guess I had figured that 21 was deemed as some 'adult' benchmark in society, and that those who were such a plateaued age, must have, by that point, figured all this 'life' stuff out.

I'm beginning to realise that I expect far too much from myself, the world around me and the people who reside within it, and that I am, for want of a better word - strange.

I think I live my life like I'm waiting for something to happen, something that will finally allow all the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place... and I'm beginning to worry that nothing ever will do; and that all this 'life' was just some great cosmic fluke that I am forever to meander around, somewhat bemused and confused.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not flailing around in the shadows of depression here, as much as all this might sound akin to it. I can, and have, created 'purpose' and 'passion' for myself in my version of life, and live pretty contentedly doing the things I love surrounded by the people I love... but I was hoping I wouldn't have to seemingly fabricate it all.

And do I?

If I follow my head, am I creating a life for myself?... and if I follow my heart, am I following a life that was pre-defined? Because there is a definite and distinct division between the both of them within me... most of the time.

Is my purpose defined by those moments when both my brain and my heart beat to the rhythm of the same drum beat? To follow the route of such rare and fleeting moments whereby both parties agree that everything is 'right'? Possibly.

*Shrugs*

See... I'm still in as much of a muddle now, as I was way back when I was 14; and I guess that ultimately, I'm not a big fan of that.

Haha. Like I've already stated, and I'm pretty certain that you're now thinking it, I'm strange; and I imagine you weren't quite expecting such an exotic answer to what you may have initially thought was a pretty primitive question.

*Points at himself*

S-t-r-a-n-g-e.

Post Edited (06-14-05 20:56)
June 14, 2005 10:58AM
Oh. And have a wonderful birthday Bernadette. Haha...

I sincerely hope my rambling train of thought hasn't just put you right off the idea of wearing that 'I'm 21, so buy me a drink' badge with pride and a smile.

yawning smiley)

Post Edited (06-14-05 20:06)
June 14, 2005 11:38AM
That's deep stuff Sketch. Always fun to ponder about things like that.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
June 14, 2005 11:54AM
Fun?!

Trying to suss out the meaning of life is not, in anyway, fun.

It's an absolute bastard, and a cruel one. It's like buying a flat-pack IKEA desk and not having a manual to put it together with... so you make do with putting the screws where they fit, attempting to do your best, and using that funny little plastic packet of glue that didn't come with a brush and probably had an actual application for the construction, to paste over and 'mend' where you fumble and break it.

In the end it comes out a little retarded, on the verge of falling to pieces, and looking more like a golf cart... but you make do... because that was all you knew how.

Post Edited (06-14-05 21:03)
June 14, 2005 12:58PM
Yes, you are strange, Sketch, but aren't we all in some way? No, I wasn't expecting a 3 page essay to my question, tongue sticking out smiley (you should be a writer). But that's ok. Actually I know how you feel completely... still trying to figure out what I should be doing and what purpose I have. I feel the same way you do about being like I was in my teens... and I've even been told over and over that I look like I'm 15... it's great, great fun.

Post Edited (06-14-05 21:58)

June 14, 2005 12:59PM
Sketch, please tell me you've seen Clerks: The Animated Series. Because what you're just discribed reminds me of this bit where Leonardo Leonardo builds a desk and it looks like it's built by a rere.
June 14, 2005 03:38PM
lets see i was 21 on march 29th

June 14, 2005 05:19PM
I turned 21 last october, my 2 flatmates and I were all within 3 weeks of eachother turning 21, the most drunk and drugged time of my life. And it all happend in the middle of having no power for 6 weeks. Time of my freakin life, it was an unseasonably warm period of weather aswell.

It all came about after we decided to use the money in the flat account and buy a few boxes of piss, we just didn't replace it quick enough and one day I arrived home from work, my flatmate said "go turn the light on" I tried it and nothing happend, needless to say we got very drunk that night...

I'll never forget my 21st!!!
June 14, 2005 05:23PM
Tah's really frat.

0Mie

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
June 14, 2005 07:33PM
No, I haven't seen that particular animated series. I did see the movie once though, a very long time ago.

June 15, 2005 04:21AM
Okay.... if the universe is continually expanding... what is it expanding into?

~*wOOt!*
June 15, 2005 03:08PM
MY ID GOT TAKEN
LIFE HAS BEEN...
NO WORDS
June 15, 2005 03:22PM
i am deeply sorry for your loss.

i know exactly how terrible you feel. i spent the last year borrowing and chalking so i wouldn't have to get a new one for a short amount of time. it sucks, but you will make it.

*~katie~*
June 15, 2005 03:37PM
June 16, 2005 02:26AM
Whoa thats wicked crazy. It still didnt say what the universe is expanding into though. That stuff is pretty cool though. It makes me wonder how religions are still around that say stuff about how "god" created us all in 7 days.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π