ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Stonybrook Show

Posted by Bones45 

Stonybrook Show
September 26, 2005 12:21AM
Haven't seen the guys play electric in a while.. It was a nice change. There were a few familiar faces there, but not too many... It wasn't quite what I was expecting. (read: no alcohol, no typically drunk and out of control college students considering it was homecoming weekend). The stage was just off the floor, small, and BLACK walls and material everywhere else. Very odd.

Luckily the lazy kids got up from sitting down and napping when the lights went out. Must have been a tough weekend.

The show was good. It was about 90 minutes--alot of Madding Crowd (257!!), Lost You, Muddy. some off of SHU, FTCJ, ending with Watchtower, no surprises, but a nice mix. The guys were more loose than usual. I think I saw Vinny smile. John even tried a song he knew he couldn't finish. Now THAT is weird. We need more plugged in shows.

Things of note...Scary quiet between songs. The guys would finish..applause and cheering...and then NOTHING... I swear I could hear a pin drop. Very odd.

John and Brian may be the new comedy duo everyone is looking for. maybe they just dont get out much anymore? not sure.

John shared hamburger recipes.

"DONT get the pre-made burgers, Get the 85% lean. DONT touch the meat anymore than you need to, the burgers fall apart. and DON'T put onions in it"

Perhaps John can elaborate on this more...
Re: Stonybrook Show
September 26, 2005 10:51AM
just out of curiousity...what did those of you that went think of the opening band?

Post Edited (09-28-05 22:29)
September 26, 2005 11:40AM
i really hate not living on the island 8 months a year...i prolly woulda gone if i hadn't gone to brians show

*~katie~*
September 26, 2005 12:10PM
im depressed i wanted to be there...damnit....NINEDAYS make repeat!!!!!!!! or perhaps a sequel! please?

*~Bernadette~*
September 26, 2005 11:39PM

didnt see the first band...got there at 8.
September 28, 2005 12:22PM
I caught the end of the opening band. So far into the end that I don't think I have a right to judge them based on what I heard. Sounded alrite though.

Watchtower was really really good. Bri was rocking out. It was funny when John was like, "See you in... 8 minutes" before they started to play. I think the girls behind me were questioning my sanity. I have pictures if anyone wants to see. Just IM me at Orchid511.

If the guys read this, you played an awesome show! I'm very glad I made the drive out from Queens. It was definately worth it.

Have a beautiful day,
Caitlin
September 28, 2005 10:04PM
You can show them here if you have the pictures on your computer and use this free image hosting service.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π