ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tribute to the band

Posted by Mehdi 

Tribute to the band
October 02, 2005 10:24PM
I had this idea, I talked to Genesis about it : a great way to show the band how much we like and respect them and their work would be to sing and record one of their song and share it on this board... now that we know how pretty much everyone looks like thanks to Lou's picture thread, I think it'd be great to let each other know how we sound like... a few months ago, Sannen was Gollum and today he's hot (dixit Woot)... crazy isn't it? I'm sure we have a lot of musicians on this board... even if some of us are pathetic singers (I'm the 1st one!!) we're not here to judge... so let me know what you guys think about it... I'll post a song soon... cheers

Post Edited (10-25-05 20:02)
Re: Tribute to the band
October 04, 2005 07:27AM
I'll do it for sure. I just need to get some recording stuff... soo.... eta of my song in about a week and a half or so.

~*wOOt!*
October 09, 2005 12:42AM
HAHAHHAHAHhAHhaHHAHHAHhAhaHH

the idea is great =)

------------------------------
"now shut up and listen to the music!" by John Hampson

October 09, 2005 01:14AM
I would love to do this, but I just so happen to suck hugely at singing...

October 09, 2005 05:19AM
dude so do I, let's do it anyways
October 09, 2005 09:36AM
Yeah, but I take it to another level.

But what the hell. I've never humiliated myself on the internet before, and it's been on my to do list for a while.

Just got to pick a song.

October 14, 2005 04:00PM
I'm in!!!!!!!!
let me know
October 14, 2005 11:56PM
Crap... I honestly thought I would be better by now, but after almost three weeks I'm still sick with this damn Freshers flu (and as such, I can't sing... not that I can usually tongue sticking out smiley).

I was thinking of trying "Dirty Poet."

October 15, 2005 02:05AM
A housemate of mine has Freshers Flu. We've boarded up his door and throw food in through the window.

October 15, 2005 05:23AM
I've had no voice for the last week. And my throat is becoming increasingly purple, which is vaguely worrying.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
October 15, 2005 05:21PM
So I've decided I want to do an acoustic version of a tune. I don't know which one. Probably one from The Madding Crowd. I don't know which one. But it'll be good. Or not.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
October 19, 2005 03:03AM
Awesome idea.

I'll try one.

Jess, wanna do back up vocals? :-P

-Cait
October 19, 2005 04:57AM
Please really do this.

~ Sofi ~

October 19, 2005 06:05AM
I'm doing a cover of "Absolutely" comprised almost entirely of 3-note 7th chords.

It's going to be something else.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
October 19, 2005 08:08AM
That makes sense...

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
October 20, 2005 08:43AM
Great idea!
But I'm not in a band nor do I play a musical instrument.

Can I do something acapella?
If so, hope you're all insured!

John
===============
"We'll never know 'till we try..."
October 21, 2005 10:58AM
okay this will be Emily for me... the guitar parts are already recorded I just need to put my voice on it, this should be fun...
October 21, 2005 11:28AM
Mehdi, you're a genious. You just reminded me of a song I was after, also called 'Emily', except this one's by Stephen Fretwell.

Thanks for that.

October 24, 2005 09:23PM
well well no problem bro... damn am I a genius? by the way, i tried to record my voice for Emily but it's just so damn hard... John's voice is just too high... I should try it with a octave down...
October 26, 2005 06:41AM
Alright people, I'm done!!! I have an mp3 of myself singing Emily... the thing is I don't know how to make it available on the board... so if one of you has an idea just lemme know... thanx
October 26, 2005 06:49AM
www.yousendit.com

Enter your own email address as the recipient, then post the url that it gives as your reference. Et voila!

Post Edited (10-26-05 15:50)

~ Sofi ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π