ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RENT

Posted by snowgirl2022 

RENT
November 29, 2005 10:29AM
Anyone seen this?! PURE GENIUS! SO AMAZING! Just as good if not better then the live production. I was amazed and astounded and I think I might quit life to go be a theatre junkie and play Mimi. Wow. Brilliant.

~*wOOt!*
Re: RENT
November 29, 2005 01:47PM
yes...def better than the show.....................

adam pascal singing "your eyes" = amy bawling her eyes out cuz she loves him.

and taylor...sorry to tell you...you could never play mimi because you arent spanish or spanish-looking..............but a girl can dream right??

i think i may need to see this again. love love love.

.amy.

when youre living in america...youre what you own.
November 29, 2005 02:03PM
Adam Pascal was tops in Cabaret when I saw it.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
November 30, 2005 07:45AM
I could look Spanish. It's so possible. And plus... who says she NEEDS to be spanish! A girl can dream. ;-)

~*wOOt!*
November 30, 2005 03:52PM
Eh, movie's got major issues. I enjoyed it alot, don't get me wrong, but I most definitely disagree with it being better than the stage show.

~lori~
November 30, 2005 03:56PM
i concur.
after seeing the stage show again yesterday (3rd time) i am going to say the movie is good. but the show is much better.

i mean, "what you own" is a bit ridiculous in the movie. roger is singing in the mountains and its kind of lame.

but la vie boheme is amazing. (i saw the movie in the theatre a 2nd time just for that scene alone).

either way. i agree with lori. the show is much much much better.
November 30, 2005 03:57PM
Colleen, he's not a girl, not yet a woman. That's OBVIOUSLY what they're trying to get across in the scene. Silly. ;-)

~lori~
December 01, 2005 05:20AM
HAHA

The movie was excellent, its a great way to dip into the nostalgia and preserve this gem of a play forever. And enable people to own it and make love to it.

Chris Columbus f'ed it up in my oppinion, but the cast members pull it through. But I don't think the movie would have been widely marketed without Columbus, so for that... I am willing to take it for what it is. A valient attempt at directing a film musical which is, essentially, broadway that belongs on a stage.

I've seen the play 4 times now on broadway, and I highly HIGHLY encourage anyone who like the movie to go see the play. They cut things out of the movie... subplots and songs. Who knows how much longer it'll last on Broadway. I hope forever, but thats impossible.

I also reccommend seeing La Boheme (the opera) if you liked the play... its not a really boring opera, its very beautiful!

For anyone interested, this myspace page has a song that was written by Jonathan Larson, never added into the play, but included on the soundtrack of the film. Its called "Love Heals", and I've been playing it nonstop!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=28263063&Mytoken=14D4755B-2049-4129-A22A405B65CA94EA1580091468

You can listen to the whole thing.

December 01, 2005 10:07AM
I've seen the show and I'm going to see the movie tomorrow so i guess I'll have to see, although i gotta say the show was great and it would be hard to top

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
December 03, 2005 08:44AM
Going to the movie again tonight... WHOOOO!! And just got tix for the musical version. Who's obsessed?

~*wOOt!*
December 03, 2005 03:59PM
just saw it tonight and it was very good, much different from the actual stage production but still excellent. i have 'seasons of love' stuck in my head right now

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
December 04, 2005 09:11AM
didnt dazzle me
December 04, 2005 11:29AM
I haven't seen it but I heard it's awful

December 05, 2005 03:43PM
tough to beat the lie show but I LOVED the movie Im in love with the whole production! im seeing it again tomorrow at 6:05 assuming the weather allows me,
I have the soundtrack that i drive my friends and boyfriend insane with...too bad...my car-my tunes smiling smiley

Post Edited (12-08-05 02:00)

*~Bernadette~*
December 07, 2005 12:35PM
WHOA. THE NEW PERSONS NAME IS TAYLOR. They officially have to change their name because Taylor is already taken by the coolest person here and uhmm.... they annoy me.

~*wOOt!*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π