Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

White Trashin' It and Next Weekends Show

Posted by Bones45 

White Trashin' It and Next Weekends Show
August 20, 2006 01:54PM
Hey all..

Current sitting in a blue beach chair on the porch of the crib on Smithtown Blvd. Just finished a decent cigar and I'm currently listening to Madding Crowd on the Ipod. Rach and I just came back from some Sushi and Sake, and then a fantastic espresso and liquor mix @ Forsterieri down the block. Good Times. As Rachael Ray would say.. Yummmo.

Anyway.. thinking about the show coming up on Sunday. It's the first show in a LOOOOONG time. While I realize that many of the people on this board have never seen the boys play, the lack of shows recently has been a real hardship for us local people. smiling smiley I know that that Lou was nice enough to send out CD's of some of the shows, but that is never quite the same. Now that the full band is back, Im pretty fired up.

I know ND have a bunch of new songs and I'm sure that they are going to play the new stuff on Sunday. No doubt, they are tired of (I just changed to "Three") playing old stuff, and the REALLY old stuff. Clearly, I want them to continue as a band, and HOPEFULLY, release new material under a label which will support them, tour the world, and then have Tesla open for them at MSG with all the people from the board with backstage passes (except for Mike).

I guess all bands with a following are always going to have the fans screaming out requests for older tunes. FREEEEEEEBIIIIRRRDDDDD... I'm under the assumption that Absolutely will be played. Cool. But I have just one request for an older tune. Please finish up with So Far Away? Something about that song---maybe its the memory of going west on Bleeker out to 7th after a show @ The Bitter End singing that song and looking for a Taxi to Penn--not sure. But that is my one request. Lets see if I have any pull.

One other thought... IS MIKE GOING TO GO? I mean really. He needs to show that actually is a fan of the music, not just the BBS. For someone who makes 45 posts a day, he really should show up for one show. Im sure he will have some sort of sarcastic comment for this ( at thats why Mike is Mike) or a lame excuse for why he can't go, but he really should "keep it real", right Mikey?

Anyway.. hope to see everyone there.. and stick around for the Gin Blossoms----saw them at Mulcahys a while back. Good show.

Bones

Post Edited (08-20-06 22:55)
Re: White Trashin' It and Next Weekends Show
August 20, 2006 05:41PM
I haven't listened to The Madding Crowd in a long time. Haven't listened to SHU or anything before TMC for a longer time. 5 years ago the music meant something else to me than it does now. I've been to four Nine Days shows. I think three of them have been at the Downtown. The Downtown doesn't exist anymore.

The idea of new Nine Days tunes entices me. Maybe I'll show up. I like seafood. I like live music. I've met people on this board. They don't post here much anymore if at all. One of them's really cool. Some of the others are neat, some of the others aren't neat but I can't say that I dislike any.

Will Lou be there? I owe him at least a beer from my younger days. I owe Rachel a Frosty but I don't know if there's a Wendy's nearby.

-Mike

Go listen to my band. We're awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/rosencrantzny
weallgotwoodandnails
August 20, 2006 09:46PM
The Turkey wrote:

>
> Will Lou be there? >
> -Mike

no he has to work that night.
August 20, 2006 11:32PM
>>I owe Rachel a Frosty but I don't know if there's a Wendy's nearby.<<

Actually, there's a Wendy's about two minutes west of there on Montauk Highway in Oakdale.

Everyone planning on going needs to alott themselves plenty of extra time to get there, FYI. The traffic on Montauk Highway the weekend of the festival is INSANE and it usually takes 45 minutes to go on what's usually a five minute drive. Also, parking is ridiculous and I've had to park about a mile and a half away before.

~lori~
August 21, 2006 01:52AM
Wait, it's all the way out in Montauk?

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 21, 2006 04:17AM
No its in Sayville off of Montauk Highway!

*~Bernadette~*
August 22, 2006 12:54AM
K that's not happening, then.

-Mike

weallgotwoodandnails
August 24, 2006 01:13AM
i want to go. i am actually thinking i might be able to go to the sept 24th show.

------------------------------------
x.
christina

August 26, 2006 07:41PM
SUNDAY
11:00 AM Rocket Man
12:20 PM The Invisible
1:15 PM Blotto
2:25 PM Shannon McNally
3:40 PM Nine Days
4:55 PM Jill Gioia
5:30 PM Gin Blossoms

http://www.limaritime.org/seafoodpage1st.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π