ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newbie from the UK..

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Re: Newbie from the UK..
February 17, 2003 05:40AM
Hey dude, welcome!! :-) Yeah, LOVE M20 (they raawwwkk!!) love the goos and everclear, VH, Third Eye Blind, and EVE6 are pretty cool...and I LOVE THE COUNTING CROWS, went to V just so's I could see them, was totally worth it!! They were mazin, though I still haven't fulfilled my ambition to see 'Colorblind', and 'St Robinson' live... (do you have their live album? it's waaaay cool). Tried to see them in Bristol, but the...**there are no words!!** cancelled our tix, so I didn't get to :-( thing is, I'd told so many lies to get to go in the first place I had to go anywayz...ended up crashing with my ex!! scary...!

Do you peeps like the Calling? they're pretty cool I think, and Haven (brit band, i think) were pretty good too, but they kinda dissappeared lately.

Hey Anna - you don't really like Craig David do ya?!?

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 17, 2003 05:57AM
LOL no I don't altho he has a nice arse! I nearly asked about haven actually, they're good but I only really knew beautiful thing and say something, I bought the album a few months back and havn't really listened to it a lot, I heard it was bad which put me off! hold on I'll put it on just for u- they ya go! They were another gig I missed, came to play at a tiny venue here when no one had heard of them and no one wud come! Love the Calling too although a lot of my friends hate the album, but hey! the crows were at bournemouth, which is v close for me but I couldn't get tickets cos of my sever lack of money! Much as I wanted to! They were amazing apparantly (what a shock!) If you don't know lifehouse I think they're stunning so listen to sum! The lyrics are the best thing. (They're touring here now too! As are 3 doors down...) did u hear the goos r meant to be supporting bon jovi this yr?? ?40.. I'll have to sell a kidney! I would love to see them live so much! It's unfunny how many gigs I've missed lately! Feeder was last wed, and I adore feeder, many people don't seem to tho! Accept for townies it may seem... (sorry I know that's slang and it may not apply where ur from cos lots of my m8s dont understand when I say it but it's the only word I could think of that fits!) They were good wen I saw they b4 jon died. hmm I miss livin at home when daddy's credit card was just a flutter of the eyelids away!x

"I'm finding my way back to sanity again
though I don't really know
what I'm gonna do when I get there"
~Lifehouse
February 17, 2003 06:08PM
Guys, I'm Chris, yet another from the UK. Just posted in another thread where I first heard Nine Days, so will not repeat myself here.

Talk to y'all later
February 18, 2003 04:00AM
counting crows rule!!!!!!!!! hehe i saw then in bristol last year (living in bristol it made sense), and i saw then last month in cardiff!!!!! hehehehhe. they were so good. adam cant spell his name tho..........

also feeder are amazing, even without jon which i didnt think would happen, and mb20 are also v. cool.

anyways you peeps need to help me out. lancaster or leicester uni?? i cant decide so someone else is gunna have to!

xxxxxxxx
February 18, 2003 08:07AM
I'm jealous, only saw them once and that was at V so only 45 mins...!!

Lancaster?! whatcha thinking?! Leicester all the way, top place it is, full of lovely people... (I live there, if you didn't guess!) :-)

Cat

P.S - sorry if this doesn't make sense I'm...slightly pissed!! just been to a 'chemivision song contest'...i'm not sure but i think it was my own personal hell... the free wine helped though hehe ;-)

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 18, 2003 08:48AM
i'm just loving our new chris...he's from the UK, yet he still says "y'all" which i find just absolutely precious...

hi chris!!! yawning smiley)
February 18, 2003 08:51AM
you brits have NO idea how bad i want to be one... i actually want to be from scotland... preferably be mrs. boyd... but if i live in the uk and become mrs. monaghan thats fine too... or a mrs. bloom...

or if i just snag a regular joe... askdjfldskjfsdlk! i want an accent. or a man with an accent...

(sorry, don't mind me i'm just a little wired and i want to be from the uk or ireland badly)

February 18, 2003 08:57AM
LOL that's so cute!! I find american men attractive just cuz of their accents too lol :-) Canadians too, Aaaaannndrew...so sexy!!!

Do you wanna swop? I'll go to america and have loadsa americans with their sexy american accents, you can have some brits!! lol :-) it'd be like an all you can eat...but with guys instead of pizza ;-)

Cat

I am a free radical!

February 18, 2003 09:02AM
ok cat, you really are living in la-la land b/c american guys are NOTHING but jackasses... and sure maybe brits are jacks too but atleast they have hot accents and have a beautiful country...

we have this fucking barren wasteland... ::shudders::

so yeah... I'LL SWAP!

but yeah i'll agree that canadians are a nice fine catch as well ;o)!!!!

February 18, 2003 09:05AM
no sweetie, i'm living in england!! If i was living in lala land i'd be in america (LA)...sorry, poor joke!! americans got new york... i sooooo wanna go there lol ;-)

hehe yes he was very talented ;-p

Cat

I am a free radical!

February 18, 2003 09:15AM
Kinda random but goes with the Brit talk. I got an e-mail from my friend that is from the UK. He was just in Australia and was planning on going to Singapore and Thailand but his friend got sick and now he has to go back home. But he said that they will always be there to visit...."well as long as your president decides that he doesn't like them." LOL.

~MeLiSsA
February 18, 2003 09:16AM
heheheheee that's cool :-) and on that...i'll go to bed!! night y'all!!! :-)

I am a free radical!

February 18, 2003 12:24PM
hey all, im new 2 this place, just thought id say hi, NINE DAYS RULE, my m8 introduced them all 2 all my m8s about a year ago, we still all love their album, absolutely rocks, but i really think we need 2 c em over here live really dont we
wellllll, i am gonna go c lifehouse in april smiling smiley how cool, and errr, matchbox 20 at wembley nxt month smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley o and 3 doors down a couple of days after that, how wonderful is that, i cant wait i cant wait *jumps up n down like a kid on xmas morning*

so where all u guys from? im from cambridge, not a bad place

ooooo, sorry 2 the girl that goes 2 church 3 times a week, thats just cruel
i only go once a week but i only go cos ive got m8s there id only see there, so i go 4 them, but my church aint that bad, we have a gud laugh

ne1 off 2 uni this year? where u goin? im goin 2 the uea in norwich, concrete city, shud be fun fun fun smiling smiley
nehoo, i best be off 2 bed, c u all *waves*

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
February 18, 2003 11:39PM
Rachel, oh lady dude (:-),

Brit I may be, but I'm lucky enough to get across the Pond twice a year for vacation with the folks. Picked the y'all up from a trip to Atlanta - Go Braves !

To all those who wanna swap US for UK - you must be mad. ! You need to see a shrink (:-). If I could get a green card/permanent visa I'd be over tomorrow - but it would have to be somewhere warm in winter like Florida or Southern California

Chris
February 19, 2003 02:41AM
Hey all, I'm over here in London. Does anyone know if Nine Days is coming here, with the new album coming out and all? It might help my efforts of trying to spread them through my school - I think myself and two other girls are the only ones that've heard of them.
February 19, 2003 04:14AM
To xtianuk, I envy u sooo much I love lifehouse to bits! AND matchbox 20 AND 3 doors down, it's so unfair! Why am I poor?? Probably too much alcohol and not enough responsible budgeting... I'm from Southampton but I think I already said, and I'm also at uni here, crazy I know but it's great and I'm in halls neway! Gotta go!
P.S England is so not that beautiful! Granted there are places but you have the whole variation of climate etc, and english accents lol most men don't have nice english accents at all, if you can call the stereotype one nice! Well maybe if you heard the average bloke it would sound like it to you but they're not like the kind you americans put into your films! Hugh Grant...

"I'm finding my way back to sanity again
though I don't really know
what I'm gonna do when I get there"
~Lifehouse
February 19, 2003 04:45AM
This has got to be the longest post on this board... And here I am, posting to make it longer...

Colleen

February 19, 2003 05:46AM
yawning smiley) the "y'all" is cute on you, chris...i say you should keep it.

are you really a braves fan??!! <3 meeeeeee tooooooo!!! i'll assume you went to a game while you were in atlanta on vacation? if so, i am so jealous...i've seen them play at 5 different stadiums, but never at their home stadium...
February 19, 2003 10:29AM
ok kids,

i'd drop US for UK any day... ANYDAY... so if anyone is up for switching their citizanship... i'll trade...

bleh... sure we have nyc, but i unfortunately do not live there... and i dunno there something about living in europe... eep!

i'd move to spain, but my spanish is not that amazing... so i'll stick to the more english nations...

any new zealanders that want to give up their citizanships? i'll take that country as well...

maybe i love the UK so much b/c of the amazing famous people from there... and all the beautiful movies i've seen... but i've never been... will my <3 dwindle once i visit? i hope not ;o)

February 19, 2003 01:32PM
i so have european citizenship i know ur jealous
how can u not love guys with accents? and soccer balls... and guitars.. and girls friends who r in the spice girls...

~SOFiA~

&quot;you wont hear me, still you endear me, now..woo woo&quot;
February 19, 2003 03:01PM
>>>we have this fucking barren wasteland... ::shudders::<<<

i completely disagree, ok it's probably not as beautiful as it used to be, but damn christina this country is not a barren wasteland......
February 19, 2003 07:04PM
Rachel,

had no idea you were a Braves fan ! Just thought I'd throw it in to the conversation yesterday - not many Brits are into Baseball, but we do get 2 live ESPN games a week, after midnight ! Thank the lord for the VCR that's all I can say.

No I've never seen the Brave live and in the flesh, but loads of times on TBS & ESPN. The 1 and only time I went to Atlanta (the day before Sept 11th) they were outta town, so I just did the tour of the stadium. Best bit was when I sat in the dugout and rocked like Leo - for once in my life I made everyone laugh !

Anyway this must be real boring to everyone else so I'll shut up and go away.

Chris
February 19, 2003 10:39PM
england aint all bad
cambridge has got loads of nice architecture, but im a poor lil teenager so i dont enjoy it that much, n i c it everyday neway so its nothin special
were quite a tourist city, we get loooooooads of americans
neway, i'll shut up bout this place, ne NHL fans in the uk?
im a red wings fan GO DETROIT
is there ne1 else here then goin 2 the matchbox 20 wembley gig? or the lifehouse or 3 doors down gigs at shepherds bush?

&quot;I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb&quot;
February 19, 2003 10:56PM
Yes I'm going to see Lifehouse, but at Manchester Academy, not London. Really looking forward to this one. And hoping to get tickets for Paul McCartney tomorrow when they go on sale.
February 20, 2003 12:42AM
hi guys,
im from the uk and i love nine days, i still havnt got round to buying the album though, im a new fan.

Jasmin
February 20, 2003 05:40AM
!!!!!!!chris!!!! you sat in the dugout!??!! that's even BETTER than going to a game!!...sort of...in a way, i guess! oh, i want to hear all about it! email me, so we don't bore everyone to tears, cuz i've got a chipper jones story for you!:

SUPERMDL10@aol.com

yay!!! yawning smiley)
February 20, 2003 06:01AM
booooooooooooo Braves!!! Let's go Mets!!!!!

I know John would agree ; )

~MeLiSsA
February 20, 2003 10:20PM
right this is so random but yesterday i meet someone with a west country/ irish accent. it was the craziest thing ever. they sounded soooooooo funny!!!!
(he was actually originally form somewhere in cornwall, but hes now at queens in belfast)

and yea hmmmmmm maybe i should go to york uni?? this is so crap! im gunna pick it out of hat soon if i cant decide!
February 21, 2003 04:22AM

Errr, your not from raand 'ere are yee?

Bloody cornish...
February 21, 2003 04:25PM
any accent from the brittish isles makes my toes curl... EEEEEEEEEEEEP! but especially scottish... that is so fucking hott ;o)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π