Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newbie from the UK..

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Re: Newbie from the UK..
March 04, 2003 11:07AM
lol!

only a true theatre nut would notice staging and lighting!
March 04, 2003 11:10AM
i believe baz luhrmann directed romeo + juliet with claire and leo.
March 04, 2003 11:33AM
oh really I didn't know...sorry, little confused I guess...Jim, thought you were talking about la boheme.

Trust me if you've seen Aida if you know theatre or not you notice the staging and lightining. That whole museum thing....wow....

IM me sometime....we'll talk theatre lol

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 12:06PM
phantom and les mis....best plays EVER! hehe my little obsession along with ireland, scotland, big pipes, and punk rock. otherwise im a normal little girl...i promise.

-Emily

"forever bored and outside from the in-crowd..."
March 04, 2003 12:27PM
Les mis...is a little too dark for me I think...but I like the music. Phantom is awesome....great costumes, great music.

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 11:40PM
Hey

Just joined the board - Nine Days was recommended to me by a mate and what an amazing band, absolutely love the last album and lets hope they come over to the UK soon.

Glad to see so many people here with the same musical tastes as me - in the UK so little is said about my favourite bands The Goos, Matchbox 20 (tho they are getting a lot of press at last) and my latest obsession Flickerstick.

So nice to be here.

Jules

Check out Flickerstick on : http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/61/flickerstick.html
March 04, 2003 11:44PM
hey you like flickerstick? wow, 2 of my mates were at their london gig a couple of weeks ago, and my mate pulled the bassist (i think, can't remember for sure) then they both crashed in his hotel room...my claim to fame lol :-) i gotta check them out next time they're in leics.

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 04, 2003 11:55PM
Ah I know who your friends are - they were at the Leicester gig and then the London gig right???

Yeah I am a big fan of Flickerstick and it was from a fellow Flickerstick fan that I got to know about Nine Days and he sent me the cd!!!

I was at 4 of their UK gigs (I am actually their UK street team rep) and they were absolutely amazing live, next time you defiantely have to come along.

Are you going to MB20 by they way - I am off to Wembley cannot wait.

Jules

Check out Flickerstick on : http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/61/flickerstick.html
March 05, 2003 03:08AM
Yeah I beleive Torz took her top off, lol! She's seeing M20 at Wembly, I'm goin to Glasgow and Manchester, can't wait... I'll try to come next time - I'm at boardin school though so I can't get out weekdays...or any day except saturday in fact!! but if they're playin in the holidays I'll totally be there :-) is there anywhere I can DL their music btw? I can't get onto Kazaa, but I can d/l from links or email.

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 06, 2003 05:34AM
Cool - I will hopefully meet her at the MB20 gig, there are a few of us going to Wembley. Hope you have a great time at the shows - I may be going to Manchester but it depends on work.

If you go to the mp3 link you can download some of their tracks from there but mp3 has recently limited it to 3 tracks so that is all that is available.

You can listen to more tracks via their website but I dont think it can be downloaded. I will email you their ecard and you can listen to one track.

I know where you can pick up their live cd for ?10 so if you are interested, drop me an email and I will sort it out.

Jules

March 06, 2003 06:50AM
Tori will be the topless one, lol!! It's gonna be sooo great, bit of a mad rush round the UK (Get home Sat, Glasgow Mon, Manchester Tues), but I'm gonna see some peeps I haven't seen in a while, which is always nice :-) Let me know if you'll be at Manchester - can look out for each other, lol!! (anyone who likes ND/M20/Flickerstick has gotta be pretty cool).

I got 3 of their mp3s yesterday off mp3.com yesterday, they're great!! - don't suppose you got any more you could send me? Thanx in advance for the ecard :-)

Yes I'm total interested in the live CD, but not this month cuz my card has just taken quite a lot of damage (damn kookai and their cool clothes lol)! I gotta buy Something Corporate too, listening to Konstantine atm, gorgeous track, I'm addicted!! :-) Music is such an expensive obsession...

Cat

I am a free radical!

March 06, 2003 07:27AM
Having some problems sending the ecard so the link to the site is flickerstick.com and you can check out some tracks here.

My email is very bad at sending mp3s cause of the size but I will see if I can find anywhere which is hosting them.

There is a place hosting some new Flickerstick songs so if you are interested email me.

Defiantely will let you know if I am going to Manchester

Jules

tel
March 06, 2003 11:53PM
Im pretty new to this board aswell, just checked out flickerstick, sound wicked...good work......

Do u know Tonic? if not, check them out, awesome band.......
tel
March 07, 2003 12:08AM
any1 heard of greenwheel, jst found them on the net, sound awesome...very similar to mb20, sheck them out at..........

http://www.islandrecords.com/greenwheel/
March 07, 2003 12:17AM
Sure, 'Shelter' is on the spiderman soundtrack... they're cool :-)

Cat

I am a free radical!

March 07, 2003 11:33AM
Hello Tel

Yeah I have heard of Tonic - got a few of their tracks (sent to me by a friend) but I need to pick up their cds.

Greenwheel - they actually supported Flickerstick on tour last year along with another band called Rubyhorse and both sound pretty great.

Gonna need to get anohter job to afford all this music I am finding out about lol.

Jules

Cat - will email you later this weekend

March 07, 2003 11:57PM
baz lurman has directed:

film-
strictly ballroom
william shakespeare's romeo + juliet
moulin rouge

opera-
la boheme

i've been seeing major confusion... and baz lurman is my god. so i'd thought i'd clarify ;o)

and about jonathan larson,

i'm seeing rent again! in april
and i MIGHT see tick,tick boom (its here now)

March 08, 2003 04:08AM
christina! go see tick, tick...boom and kidnap christian campbell for me. okay?

~lori~
March 08, 2003 06:27AM
i'm going to see "turnaround" and my other pretend boyfriend is in it... mark feurstein <3....lori knows all about this. i'm way excitedyawning smiley) wheeee!!!!

rachel......
March 08, 2003 08:22AM
im going to tick tick boom on the 19th.

so excited!
March 08, 2003 07:15PM
What exactly is Tick tick boom?
I'm presuming musical, but as far as i know it hasn't made it to this side of the pond.

Thanks m'lady
March 08, 2003 08:51PM
wasnt that a lyric in some really bad song in like 1996.................
March 08, 2003 09:43PM
its jonathan larson's pre-rent masterpiece. this is what the website has to say:

You know about the phenomenon. You've heard about the awards. You remember the heartbreak. But you might not know the whole story.
Before RENT, Jonathan Larson had another story to tell -- his own. tick, tick...BOOM! is the musical tale of Jonathan's days as a struggling artist in SoHo. It is 1990, and RENT is still six years away from its Broadway debut. He is on the verge of 30 -- faced with life-altering choices and fighting to keep his dreams. His girlfriend wants to get married and move out of the city; his best friend is making big bucks on Madison Avenue; and he's still waiting tables and trying to write the great American musical. With fourteen songs, ten characters, three actors, and a band, tick, tick...BOOM! takes you on the playwright/composer's journey that led to the Broadway blockbuster, RENT.

If you love RENT, then see the musical about the events that inspired it. You know how his story ends -- now see the beginning.

hope that helps.
March 08, 2003 11:49PM
Tick, Tick...Boom is incredible. I didn't read that whole synopsis above but....it's about 3 main characters and their lives. Jonathan is turning 30, Michael is his best friend and Jonathan's girlfriend Susan...I think that's what her name is for some reason i can't think of it right now. It's about all their ups and downs and things that happen in everyone's life. It's like rent alot in that it's about living life for every moment. Great lyrics and music. It also has just about no staging, props that kind of thing pretty much like rent but even less. It's a great great show and I'm very upset that I won't be seeing it on this tour....maybe it'll come back to off-broadway.

By the way did anyone see the stand-up on comedy central with the guy from steam pipe alley....I can't think of his name, oh well. Well, Jerry Dixon was playing the keyboard and he was Michael in the off-broadway production of tick, tick.....he's the guy on the soundtrack.

Ok that's all

If you get a chance to go see Tick, Tick...Boom.....Defintely go!!!!

~MeLiSsA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π