ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Newbie from the UK..

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Re: Newbie from the UK..
February 27, 2003 11:00PM
It's amazing how close Rent is to La boheme but Jonathan Larson was def. a genius to turn an opera into a huge modern broadway hit....hmm I guess baz lurhman did the same thing. Jonathan Larson i think was a great loss to theatre, a brain anurism the night before opening night, that's crazy!Even though no one really knew of him before rent. He was so talented. If Tick, Tick...Boom ever comes back out off-broadway you should def. go see it if you liked Rent. It's a another incredible Larson play about life.

Anyway...I'm going to see a really really amateur production of Joseph and the Amazing Techincolor dream coat tonight, I'm very excited I haven't seen Joseph since I was 10 or 11.

~MeLiSsA
February 27, 2003 11:23PM
why's that Jimmi? you wanna set up a dating service?! lol :-) I got enough issues in my 'love life' without getting anymore!! So...obviously the thing to do is try to sort out other peeps hey...?! LOL

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 28, 2003 02:14AM
this thread makes me happy. *basks in all the English glory*

~lori~
March 02, 2003 07:35AM
join the club. there is quite an impressive fan followin near me cos i started it!! all my friends bout madding crowd after i played it to 'em. the sooner that nd get over here the better, i will walk over broken glass to see them!!
tel
March 02, 2003 10:57PM
Im another from the U.K. mate, when are the lads coming over to this country?

tel.
tel
March 02, 2003 11:10PM
I forgot to add, im actually welsh and most probably the only one on this board. In sheffield at the moment tho in uni. Along with nine days I love the goo goo dolls, matchbox 20, lifehouse, tonic, vertical horizon, dishwalla, the calling....I could go on for ever!! Seen the goo goo dolls, lifehouse and m20 in concert, awesome shows....nine days will b next. If any of u are goin 2 c lifehouse or m20 in manchester in april, c u there!

p.s. also if any1 lives in or nr manchester, check out a band called snatch playin in the roadhouse on the 20th march, if you like this type of music, you'll love these guys....
March 02, 2003 11:24PM
tel,

I am definitely going to see Lifehouse at The Academy in April !
Will see you there.

Chris
March 03, 2003 03:39AM
I'm seeing M20 in manchester!! Might see ya, lol!! Actually I'll be seeing them in Glasgow the night before too :-) wooo!! so excited, can't wait! Gonna be a bit of a mad trip round England (I live in Leicester) and I'll probably end up sleeping in a train station somewhere...but totally worth it, lol!

Speaking of the Roadhouse in Manchester...did you see a band called 'Rever' play there? my mate's the drummer :-) he's coming to see M20 in Manchester too...

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
March 03, 2003 10:39AM
this thread was so long, i was trying to avoid it, but it got so long i just couldnt resist. heres my input on the various topics:

"i so have european citizenship i know ur jealous
how can u not love guys with accents? and soccer balls... and guitars.. and girls friends who r in the spice girls...

~~SOFiA"

so do i. i can move to europe any time i wish.

and tick, tick...boom is currently on tour. im going to see it sometime in the middle of march when it is close to me.

and im going to see rent on tour thursday night...so excited.
March 03, 2003 11:00AM
wow i had no idea it was on tour. I saw it 3 times when it was off broadway. I loved it. I listen to the soundtrack all the time. I'm so glad you told me it was on tour i checked the website and i think i will be in baltimore this weekend so i may see it. Cool. Thanks so much!!

~MeLiSsA
March 03, 2003 11:06AM
wow and wilson cruz is in it, i saw him as angel once in rent and trey ellet is in it I saw him as Marc once. Wow....now i really want to go.

Thanks
again

~MeLiSsA
March 03, 2003 11:16AM
ok last tick, tick...boom post. $52....I payed $30 to sit in the front row in the village in mahnattan....52 you gotta be kidding me. It's a 3 people cast with just about no sets. A couch triples as a counter and a car. They have a steering wheel, a folding chair and a ladder that is a fire escape. One scene with lots of fluro. lights. That's it...oh can't forget the piano and a birthday cake. 52???

~MeLiSsA
March 03, 2003 11:27AM
glad to help.
March 04, 2003 08:03AM
cat up there...saying "americans got new york... i sooooo wanna go there " nyc? so smoggy and youll either get mugged or scammed if youre a tourist...not very trustworthy people there...but american has long island would be a better statement! hehe im jokin there....once youve been on long island for over oh, lets say..15 minutes? yeah...youll be bored as hell by then. damn country. we dont even get awesome accents...

-Emily

"forever bored and outside from the in-crowd..."
March 04, 2003 08:57AM
wow, i can't believe the rent tour and the tick tick boom tour are being discussed in this thread and i've yet to notice it.

I'm SO torn with the tick tick boom tour...if i were to go to see it, i'd LOVE to see Christian Campbell, yet I adore Trey Ellet. And Christian goes on for evening shows, Trey goes on for evenings...SO CONFUSING! Which would I do? yawning smiley) LoL

As for the Rent tour...I'm dying to go see the tour. Kevin Spencer, the touring Roger? Oooh he's absolutely incredible from what I've heard.

~lori~
March 04, 2003 09:08AM
yep, 2 more days and there ill be.

i will give you a full report. maybe ill sneak in a recorder so i can share the bohemian goodness.
March 04, 2003 09:24AM
oooh i will LOVE you if you get me audio from the rent tour.

~lori~
March 04, 2003 09:28AM
well i figure the smog will be like, insulation to keep it warm...and the shops!! although the damage my card has had lately maybe that wouldn't be so good right now lol :-) as for the accent thing...only people from outside find a foreign accent sexy - you really don't get that many british peeps going 'oh that british accent is just so sexy'!!!!! (although with the right guy...it can be lol).

Cat

I am a free radical!

March 04, 2003 10:18AM
NY is one of the safest cities in the US......don't give NY a bad name.

Melissa...are you going to see rent or tick, tick?
Tick, tick, right? Oh man i'm jealous hopefully I'll see it this weekend!
Every lyric in that show is perfect......

I def. think out of all the rogers i've seen Manley is def. the best...even though he is a complete ass and sneaks out so he doesn't have to talk to fans at every show. But oh well. He still is an amazing roger.

I think I'm gonna try to get rush tickets over break I haven't seen rent in I think a year or so not....all this talk is making me want to see it again.

Cages or wings
which do you prefer
ask the birds
fear or love baby
don't say the answer
actions speak louder than words

what does it take to wake up a generation
how can you make someone take off and fly
if we don't wake up and shake up the nation
we'll leave the dust of the world wondering why

How can lyrics get better then that???

Wow.....you guys got me on a rent/tick, tick....boom kick again.

Thanks alot

LOL

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:25AM
See her smile....come on there's no words for that song either.

It's not you she says
it's just that life's so hard
we all get blue I say
hang on I'll be your body guard
something's breaking my baby's heart
something's breaking my baby's heart
ohhh....I just want to see her smile

Who doesn't want a Johnny?

"I'm her clown because a laughing angel is richer than kings"

Reallly.....thanks. Damn...now i'm not going to be able to function until I see Rent and tick, tick...boom again. I'm lucky spring break starts friday!

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:27AM
rent thursday, tick, tick...boom in two weeks.

and i also saw rent on broadway with manley. i was blown away.

i almost dont want to see it with anyone else...

almost.

im also going to try to smuggle a recorder in to these shows, but i will have to buy one, and well,

"zoom in on my empty wallet"

so i might have to just record it with my mind.
March 04, 2003 10:30AM
I'm soooooo jealous....Rent on B'way?

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:32AM
cynical town can be tough on an angel, clip her wings...
March 04, 2003 10:37AM
OK...that's it i need to some a show right now...this is killing me

My friend just called me from the theatre...she's seeing Aida...I LOVE AIDA

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:41AM
Aida?

oh, the jealousy!
March 04, 2003 10:43AM
wow....you like all the shows I do. How could you not like those 3? What else have you seen? Yup....the whole list. LOL

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:45AM
By the way...Jim your post from a long time ago....Claire and Leo was romeo and juliet not La Boheme. Baz Lurhman's La Boheme is a broadway musical. Which was fantastic by the way. Sorry I just saw that post now.

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 10:47AM
I'm seeing Aida this Sunday, neener neener! Front row of the first mezz, which essentially equals middle orchestra. And I'm dragging my dad to the stage door afterwards to meet Adam Pascal. *homer simpson* mmm adam pascal...sdlfgkjsd */homer*

~lori~
March 04, 2003 10:49AM
my god...he was incredible in AIDA....I saw him and Heather Headley.

I just sit here and keep refreshing this damn page. This insanity has to Stop!!!!!

Aida has the best staging and lighting that I have ever seen!

~MeLiSsA
March 04, 2003 11:04AM
oh, i really havent seen much else. im from minnesota, remember? due to the geographical difficulties, im more of a listener.

moulin rouge is neat. pretty much anything luhrmann is brilliant.

and chicago, that was really fun.

and i fell in love with phantom of the opera and les miserables when we sang medley's from them high school choir.

les mis is one of my favorites.

and jesus christ superstar is pretty amazing.
fame.
guys and dolls.

um, thats pretty much all i can think of off the top of my head. sorry to disappoint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π