Newbie from the UK..

Posted by horseguy_uk 

Re: Newbie from the UK..
February 21, 2003 07:04PM

Ach, ye a canny wee lassy

(my scottish accent could be better...)
February 21, 2003 07:43PM
This is my first posting here, so hello to you all! I live in the South of England, not far from Anna in Southampton. I live in a small town called Blandford Forum, about half an hour from Bournemouth.
I must say that Nine Days are truly brilliant; I've had the Madding Crowd CD for ages now and I am trying to tell other people about how good they are. However, it seems that the UK isn't really interested in true talent and that is why the singles charts are the worst in the world.
There is some great musical taste about on this thread! Bands like M20, Lifehouse, 3 Doors Down etc. I hope to see M20 on this tour but it seems tickets are going too fast! I'd love to see Lifehouse but I am too poor really. I even missed Counting Crows at Bournemouth this time due to work but did see them on the last tour.
Anyone here heard of bands like Rubyhorse, Taxiride and July For Kings?
As for the whole accent thingy....I went to Canada last year and that was wonderful...the people are so friendly and nice and the women were beautiful! I went to New York the year before and that was fantastic but it wasn't quite so friendly.
I hope to become pretty regular on here so here's to getting on!
February 21, 2003 08:07PM
I'm a fan! and from the UK. But new to message boarding...have no idea what I'm doing actually... It's good to see that there's UK fans over here in well the UK...everyone I talk to about music usually replies to "who are they?" But now I know I'm not alone!

February 22, 2003 05:00AM
ahhhhh the brits are in full force and i'm practically dying!

and thanks jim for the scottish accent ;o)

oh and yeah kid, davy i've heard of rubyhorse they sing that sparkle song right?

February 22, 2003 05:10AM

Not a problem, m'lady.

Your carriage awaits...

(i've really gotta stop sounding like i'm straight out of sense and sensibility!)
February 22, 2003 05:28AM
i just finished playing elizabeth in pride&prejudice so don't pull out any darcy on me ok?

;o)

you're an austen fan? i prefer lewis & tolkien (if that wasn't obvious... i'm doing a good job)

February 22, 2003 05:54AM
woooooooo 2 the english, we rule smiling smiley

"I'm tryin hard 2 breathe now, but theres no air in my lungs, theres no1 here 2 talk 2, n the pain inside is makin me feel numb"
February 22, 2003 08:05PM
Austen is good, but i really do like Wilde and also shakespeare.

Are you into acting? I've been in a couple of Shakepearian plays before, which were very good. The play, not nessesarily the acting...
February 24, 2003 11:43AM
Cant believe that no one replied to the NHL bit......RED WINGS ROCK!!! Go Detroit. So happy that Izerman's back!!!(just tuned into the game) Maybe it helps that im actually from Michigan.....

Just wondering do you guys get the hockey games televised in the Uk?? Cause im gonna be there during the play offs and i just dont know how id survive if i missed the stanley cup!!!

Just about eight weeks until I'm headed for England, im so excited and i must agree that guys with an english accent is just sooo hot!!!!

BTW, July for Kings rocks, saw them live with nine days at the mt. pleasent show on feb 8. very very good music and pretty nice too. Met them after the show along with nine days.....

Heather [soon to be in the uk]
February 24, 2003 12:16PM
>>!!!!!!!chris!!!! you sat in the dugout!??!! that's even BETTER than going to a game!!...<<

......yea rach........if you're sitting on derek jeter's lap.......*drools at the thought*

-amy
nine days of rain

"dude, i'm old" ~jeremy
February 24, 2003 06:34PM
lol Amy ! Mrs Chris likes Derek Jeter - she'll only watch baseball when the Yankees are on !

Tried to buy her a Yankees shirt with his name on the back when we were last in the US but she didn't want it - she didn't want to have to explain to every passer-by who the hell he was ! Know what she means, I get the same questions with my Chipper Jones shirt.

Heather, the Hockey is on Channel 5 in the UK, that's a network station, not cable or satellite. So you should be ok to watch it.

Chris
February 25, 2003 07:22AM
ahhhh chris! and you claim not to be much of a chipper fan...:O)
February 25, 2003 07:28AM
you mean Laarrrrrrry Jones??? If you've ever seen the braves play the mets you will def. know what i'm talking about. LOL

You guys are going to miss Glavine this year too.....hopefully he won't get the good player comes to the mets and turns horrible syndrome.

~MeLiSsA
February 25, 2003 07:41AM
who's larry? lol! j/k.....my love for chip runs deepyawning smiley)
February 25, 2003 07:47AM
I love going to mets/braves games at Shea....Chipper gets tortured.

Did you hear that interview with Chipper and Piazza...when he called him Larry? that was one of the funniest things i've ever heard.

~MeLiSsA
February 25, 2003 11:25AM
yea acting is my thing.
i'm going to school for it next year.

which plays did you do

(oh and shakespeare was a GIVEN)

February 25, 2003 06:12PM
<<< ahhhh chris! and you claim not to be much of a chipper fan...:O) >>>

I'm just not after his body that's all, just his cash ! And I'd also like free wings for life from Hooters ...

Know what you mean about Shea and the hard time he gets, even worse now he's in the outfield. Poor Chipper.
February 26, 2003 06:08AM
hey y'all just a 'HELL YEAH' on the scottish accent thing...I just spent a week there (got back today, in case anyone noticed I'd dissappeared...or not, lol) and...mmmmhmmmm!! comes close to irish which comes close to canadian... ;-)

We gotta watch this though else it'll turn into a dating service LOL...kinda sad...

Cat

I am a free radical!

'apparently she is so weird and messed up, hannah had to make her promise not to f!ck me up completely'
February 26, 2003 07:19AM
which plays?

Comedy of errors and midsummer nights dream. Also I have seen the scottish (again with the accent!!) play at the globe in london. Very good.

What have you done?

James

BTW cat, i don't know, this thing could really work!!
American girls - english guys (and v.v) and english girls - american guys!

We could change the world!!
February 26, 2003 07:21AM
oh, sign me up!! where's sketch?? lol!
February 26, 2003 07:23AM
i've only been in shakespeare's twelfth night. (his 2nd best in my opinion... the best being hamlet)

I LOVE THE SCOTTISH PLAY! even though its freaky... have you seen the independant film Scotland, PA its a 1970's version of macbeth... very very good... doesn't leave anything out.

and i love romeo and juliet, the best version of that i've seen is directed by a man named baz lurman... that is the best film ever. (there are some that get close, but that is the BEST of the best)

oh yeah, i played antonio in twelfth night, i wanted olivia, but in the end i got to wield a sword, and that was kick ass ;o)

February 26, 2003 07:56AM
Baz Lurman is great...I was at the opening of La Boheme on Broadway and he gave a speech and everything. He's really funny as well as brlliant.

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 08:00AM
Baz's is the one with leo and claire danes, isn't it?

Loved it. also loved (umm) moulin rouge... Sorry!! Takes me back to the theatre days.

By the way, melissa, world premiere of La Boheme? HOW COOL???? I am very impressed! I've only seen chicago on broadway (very good it was too!)
February 26, 2003 08:06AM
I'm spoiled I guess being so close to Broadway. I go to tons of shows well when I'm home. I love all kinds of music and that's def. and escape for me but theater is even a better escape. I dunno...I love it. I think that's one of my favorite things to do go see shows.

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 08:23AM
does anyone else love Bugsy Malone????????

i saw Miss Saigon the other day. omg it was so sad!!!!

hmmmmmm where is sketch??? is he lost at the old board??
*taps screen* sketch???? you in there?????????
February 26, 2003 08:33AM
Did you like Miss Saigon.....I saw it twice and didn't like it the first time and really hated by the second. I love the score but I didn't like the show. I think out of every show what I've seen that def. ranks the lowest. Well actually the scarlet pimpernal does but miss saigon is a close second. Actually movin' out also falls down there somewhere too. LOL.

My favorites are I think Aida, Rent and La Boheme. Followed by maybe Phantom and the Lion King.

Tick, Tick.....Boom, and off broadway Jonathan Larson play was awesome too that def. ranks up there.

Ok...i'm sure no one cares...I'm done now that I named a quarter of the shows I've seen lol.

~MeLiSsA
February 26, 2003 08:52AM
there are loads of us!!!
i come from south england, ive been in love with nine days for about 3 years now, introduced sooo many people to the joy of the nine days smiling smiley

anyone had any luck in getting all the mp3s for 'so happily unsatisfied'?

i have about 7, i think... i love the new stuff, its amazing.

i'd kill to see them live... but no chance sad smiley

cozi x
February 26, 2003 09:11AM
yeah,....i think just about all of us have them. You can download them from Kazaa or if you want i'd be willing to e-mail them to you. I can't send them through AIM b/c I'm firewalled but there are a ton of people on this board who could.

~MeLiSsA
February 27, 2003 11:39AM
rent is the only musical that i can stand.
but i love opera (i'm a freak i know).

BAZ is amazing isn't he!?

February 27, 2003 05:28PM
But that's because rent is based on La Boheme, surely?

I do love rent. Saw it twice in a week when it was in my city. Can't believe that the guy who wrote it died the night before (or thereabouts) the world premiere on Broadway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π