ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What are you thinking/doing right now?

Posted by fanoftheband 

Re: What are you thinking/doing right now?
November 08, 2005 05:17AM
I'm addicted to limited edition 'Pepsi Max Punch'. Mmmmn, caffeinated Christmas.

November 08, 2005 07:51AM
I hate not being able to help the people I love and care about feel better more.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
November 08, 2005 09:48AM
The Pentagon has a podcast.

How crazy is that?!

November 08, 2005 02:43PM
what the hell is a podcast?

Rock on...
Kevin

I wanna be with you forever, and tomorrows not too late...

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~John Dryden
November 12, 2005 12:39PM
Podcast is a video you can download fomr Itunes no? I'm not quite sure. I'm kind of in a bittersweet mood right now from that "I'm Luke I'm five" song from the other post... its super adorable and makes me want to cry and hug someone.

~*wOOt!*
November 12, 2005 03:09PM
It's downloadable radio broadcasts as far as i know.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 12, 2005 11:18PM
It's both. Audio, or video. You subscribe to a broadcast of interest, and iTunes automatically downloads latest episodes as they are made available and puts them on your iPod (and in the iTunes library) for you to listen to/ watch whenever you want.

Global coverage for unsigned music, news in whatever fields of interest you might have, a select few tv series, and most recently, video tutorials for programs such as Photoshop.

In less than a decade, it'll be the type of interface we use to buy and download most of our media.

Physical formats are history.

If you've read anything about the squabble between Microsoft and Sony over 'Blu-Ray' and 'HD-DVD' you have to ask yourself why they're even bothering.

Post Edited (11-13-05 08:20)
November 12, 2005 11:32PM
LOL. You make a valid point about Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD, Sketch. However, I still think people will want to back up stuff on physical formats, just in case.

Not only that, but I'm not sure that I agree with you're decade estimate. Well, you're possibly right for the UK, because it's not that big, so it should be easy to wire with some kickass broadband. But here in the US, I think it's gonna take a lot longer, because a) it's gonna take a while to wire with some kickass broadband and b) people will be dragging their heels. But maybe I'm wrong.

Post Edited (11-13-05 15:34)
November 13, 2005 12:22AM
The technology is already there to throw wireless broadband for miles. Route it through current electrical house cabling and even gas pipes and Microsoft themselves are developing I.P TV which would indicate fast, streaming/downloading of on-demand media. Also, mobile/cell operators want you to be able to purchase music akin to iTunes straight from your phone so that they can get a slice of that action, which would point to the mobile providers working towards fast widespread net coverage via satelite as we speak.

The UK is trialling 24mbps connections already, (thats a DVD download in a couple of seconds), and wireless DVB/DAB transmission via satelite through mobile phones/cells.

Future purchased media backup is just going to be a little box, and like how iTunes works its podcast magic, it'll probably be transmitted and backed up for you without you even realising.

With the analog broadcast shut down drawing ever nearer, those little ones and zeros of modern media don't need industry funded 'vessles' to be manufactured, shifted about, or stored on anymore.

It's an exciting time to be any kind of media artist, so long as you're on top of your game.

The only prevention standing in the way of progress is big business wanting to milk you and inferior technologies for all they're worth first. As has always been.

Post Edited (11-13-05 09:55)
November 13, 2005 03:47AM
Somebody please write me a nice little essay about Mr. Kandinsky.

Thankyou in advance yawning smiley)

Post Edited (11-13-05 12:55)

~ Sofi ~

November 13, 2005 04:06AM
I passed an A Level studying that guy.

November 15, 2005 07:03AM
Which one's which with verbal and non-verbal reasoning?

~ Sofi ~

November 16, 2005 08:06AM
Why on Earth didn't I download 'Phat Planet' sooner?!

I's an eejit.

November 16, 2005 04:45PM
why am i not studying
November 16, 2005 07:54PM
Did anyone else notice that at about one in the morning (GMT) all threads, posts and membership logins had been deleted from this board? It was in very real terms, dead.

What happened?

(Also Sofi, it turns out I do actually have that Darkness song should you still require it. It's kinda funny that I didn't know I had it... must have come off of a compilation...

320 bitrate.)

Post Edited (11-17-05 05:02)
November 17, 2005 04:10AM
You know it's winter when you run past a kebab shop and there's loads of frozen vomit on the pavement......

~ Sofi ~

November 17, 2005 12:21PM
FIRST REAL SNOW TODAY! Where;s Katie? She hasnt been talking about snow for a while. hummmm..... 9 days til boston john comes.

~*wOOt!*
November 17, 2005 02:01PM
Just got home from first night of v-show. It was awesome, for drumline we put glow tape on our sticks and glow in the dark makeup and confetti with black lights. Righteous beans.

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 18, 2005 01:58AM
This message is brought to you by a hacked, 'internet incapable', on-campus G5...

Hehe.

November 18, 2005 06:26AM
I hate how I can take hundreds of photos, and, like, 3 will come out how I want them to.

~ Sofi ~

November 19, 2005 08:00AM
Wes thats so cool! I've always wanted to do that but my school doesnt have that. Booo

~*wOOt!*
November 20, 2005 04:39AM
Guys, I know I havent posted in a while, I have been so mad busy with stuff, and I thought I should post something before I get out of the habit :-).

Thats all really

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
November 20, 2005 05:30AM
Sigmund Freud is just about the best person EVER.

~ Sofi ~

December 02, 2005 03:29AM
hehe im stealing next doors internet cos ours has broken. hehe. oh the joys of wireless!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rock and Roll Queen
December 02, 2005 03:41AM
I finished my mocks today and have an awesome weekend planned yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

December 02, 2005 11:39AM
we're tripple threat
so dont you hate
we dance, we drink, we dominate

friday!
December 03, 2005 08:46AM
I'm listening to Rob Zombies Dragula and it's so violent sounding and so not me but it's so very cool and bad ass sounding all at once.

~*wOOt!*
December 04, 2005 02:27AM
The Concretes, Frou Frou, Imogen Heap and Tom Vek are currently rocking my world.

I am also becoming terribly, terribly addicted to the wonder of podcasts.

December 04, 2005 05:03AM
That one Hide and Seek is awesome.

December 04, 2005 05:28AM
The overly synthesised voice goes some way to pissing me off now that I'm familiar with her actual vocal capability in other tracks. But it's still ok, and the novelty of her actually 'hiding' behind these same synthesised stylings hasn't worn off just yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π