ninedaysMORE | built by the community
Built by the community.

Home   Updates   Browse   Forum

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What are you thinking/doing right now?

Posted by fanoftheband 

Re: What are you thinking/doing right now?
October 24, 2005 04:12AM
The sky is pink. The church bells sing, and yet I fester on the fourth floor at the whim of slow graphic design software and lacklustre printers undrneath the flourescent glare of budget office suburbia...

I also suffer a hideously sore, croaky throat and despite the harsh bite of the Autumn wind, no snug-jumpery-action going on.

The walk home is going to be dull and lonely. I should probably pick up some beers and something chocolaterific.

Important presentation tomorrow...

How can you possibly 'present' anything, when you cannot properly sound out vowels?

October 25, 2005 03:12AM
How was it?

I just met the biggest twat you could ever be unfortunate to come across.

~ Sofi ~

"And so tomorrow there will be another number for the one who had a name."
October 25, 2005 04:30AM
My tutor was noteably impressed thanks. Sadly, for the remainder of the presentations she used my work as an example of 'how things should be done' to the rest of the year... which made me cringe and sink deeper and deeper into my seat.

This academic year is just so short it's unreal. I think its something like 30 weeks before I graduate...

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

October 25, 2005 05:35AM
sofi! lets hear about the twat!
October 25, 2005 06:28AM
I'll just warn you before you read whats turned out to be a very long post that this is not an interesting story.

I was sitting in Costa (Do you have Costa in America? It's like Starbucks I guess, only cheaper, and less American), and I was just sketching on the back of a train ticket cause this really pretty design just came into my head and I had nothing else to draw on. So he comes in and gets a coffee, and there is only one other person in the entire place, so he could sit basically anywhere, but then he sits at the table next to me, in the chair right next to me, and peers over me shoulder at what I'm drawing. And then he just randomly says, "You should sell that, you know. It's amazing what **** passes for modern art these days," which kinda confuses me because he's really obviously a student, and the only university college in my town is an Institute of art and design. And then conversation basically goes:
Me: Right. Thanks?
Him: Can you not afford paper or something?
Me: *Gives him weird look, ignores him*
Him: What're you listening to?
Me: Embrace
Him: Who the **** are Embrace?
Me: (And then don't ask me why I do this, I have no idea. Because he's quite cute, maybe?) I give him one of my earphones
Him: This is ****. Can't they think of any real lyrics?
Me: All music with scat singing is ****?
Him: Well I've never heard of them, so I'm not surprised. I know pretty much all the good music.
Me: *Gives him weird look. Takes back earphone. Ignores him*
And then he notices that I have a copy on Big Issue on the seat next to me, and launches into some big passionate speech about how homeless people are a waste of space and how I shouldn't buy Big Issue. And then, because I'm really quite pissed off with having some stranger guy come and randomly start talking to me, and just insult me, and because he's such an obnoxious snob, I try really hard not to shout at him in telling him how you should help people who are trying to do something with their lives. He just stares at me while I say all of this, and then says, "You're pretty smart for a girl." So anyway, I finished my drink and really need to go anyway, so I just get up and leave.

Then what I really don't get is, he gets up too, and says, "Hey, I'm sorry, can I get you another drink?" and I just stare at him in shock, and say, "You're some completely stranger, and you've done nothing but insult me. Why the **** would I let you get me a drink?" and leave.

~ Sofi ~

October 25, 2005 06:54AM
Awesome.

October 25, 2005 07:10AM
What's awesome?

~ Sofi ~

October 25, 2005 07:12AM
Sofi, you totally rule.
October 25, 2005 07:46AM
He probably does 'know all the good music'... it just doesn't drop below 300 BPM...

October 26, 2005 06:12AM
I dunno, he was pretty emo.

I spent the whole day today looking at beautiful beautiful things yawning smiley)

~ Sofi ~

October 27, 2005 04:40AM
Today whilst walking back from the main campus through the city park, under some amazing and relatively freak sunshine for this time of year, I was assaulted by two baseball cap wearing teenagers who wanted some money. They attempted to wrestle me into the duck pond.

A mistake neither will be making again until they towel dry.

October 27, 2005 05:25AM
Fucking chavs.

~ Sofi ~

October 27, 2005 06:17AM
No thanks. You don't know where they've been.

October 28, 2005 02:04AM
Alcohol is fucking evil. And I need to stop being such a drunken hussy.

Post Edited (10-28-05 11:08)

~ Sofi ~

October 28, 2005 09:45AM
I was just lying on the floor throwing a toy for the dog and when he jumped to go get it he landed right on target. Oww

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
October 28, 2005 10:37AM
'Arctic Monkeys' just stormed 'Later...' It was fucking quality.

October 29, 2005 12:09AM
I think I've completeyl lost my short term memory. It's been over a whole day and my senses of volume, time and memory have still not returned. I think maybe I should stop drinking.

~ Sofi ~

October 29, 2005 01:46AM
Or maybe you should just know when to stop.

October 29, 2005 10:15AM
You had the 257th post yawning smiley)

This is true. Much re-learning must be done. But I would have stopped had it not been for the horrible much-longer-than-normal time delay of effects yawning smiley(. I'm turning into one of those people I hate.

Wes, I'm sorry for your pain but that made me chuckle yawning smiley)

Post Edited (10-29-05 19:16)

~ Sofi ~

October 29, 2005 03:59PM
Sketch you are poetic. I think if I knew you in real life I would be highly attracted to you.

~*wOOt!*
October 30, 2005 01:19AM
I think if you knew me in 'real life' you'd see an animated smoke trail shoot toward the horizon echoing the high pitched squeal of a little girl screaming.

Oh dear God...

I just sussed who you remind me of Taylor.

ELMYRA

'I'm going to love you and hug you and squeeze you and...'

*Runs away*

Post Edited (10-30-05 10:21)
October 30, 2005 04:16AM
It's 6 o'clock and it's completely. pitch. black.

Screw you, farmers and builders. Screw. You. It's not daylight SAVING hours. There are still the same number of fucking daylight hours! You're just rescheduling them. Fucktards. Screw you if you don't like getting up in the dark. I DON'T LIKE GETTING HOME IN THE DARK EITHER! And within a couple of weeks it'll be dark when you have to get up anyway! Change your fucking routine. AND now, just thanks to you, scarily large numbers of school children can get killed this winter walking home from school because YOU MADE IT GET DARK THIS EARLY.

Winter is so fucking depressing.

Post Edited (10-30-05 13:16)

~ Sofi ~

October 30, 2005 04:59AM
i broke many hearts last night.
October 30, 2005 02:34PM
Sofi, if you don't like daylight savings, move to Indiana or some other place where they don't bother with it.
November 05, 2005 10:10AM
Holy Crap, my internet is finally working again!!! For the last week the internet in my hall has not been working because some rats chewed through the cables. Ah it feels good.

Si

'Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them' - Aristotle
November 05, 2005 01:53PM
Sketch! I'm so not like that at all. We would have sooo much fun together though! And for once I'd like to be taken seriosuly on this board.

~*wOOt!*
November 06, 2005 02:04PM
indiana doesnt have daylight savings time?
November 06, 2005 02:08PM
No they certainly don't. Speaking of the state I just talked to someone from there and heard some words I really needed to hear.

Post Edited (11-07-05 00:02)

---Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost, Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost, What if I lost my direction? What if I lost sense of time? What if I nursed this infection? Maybe the worst is behind---
November 07, 2005 03:39AM
i hate how my dreams are a mirror to a potential reality.
i hate taking the time and effort to sort out if they really happened or not.
or the disapointment when i realize that they didnt
November 07, 2005 06:16AM
Someone send me that Darkness song, "I believe in a thing called love"?

~ Sofi ~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

ALL COPYRIGHTS BELONG TO RESPECTIVE COPYRIGHT OWNERS 1995 - 2009. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Site Layout, Design, & Support by J&S Productions Copyright 2006 - 2009. All Rights Reserved.
For All Inquiries Email [email protected].

π